Friday, March 25, 2011

More Winter Sketches

As Winter slowly winds down, I am very much looking forward to being able to do more sketching while outside.  Most of my winter sketches have been created from photos, or while looking out through a window.  Since some of my friends enjoyed the other sketches I posted here in the past, I am posting a few more, even though some of them are not directly related to water.

ch004

This is Otter Creek from Samas Market in Middlebury.  This was in the early part of winter, and the open water in the creek was rapidly freezing.

More below...


Streetlight

There is something poignant about snow at night when it swirls around light posts, like this fancy one I saw at UVM.  All too often when working late during the dark winter nights I found myself staring out the window watching the snow swirl.



rivers

To me this was a hypothetical watershed map but others thought it looked like a tree, or neurons in a brain.  I'm so fascinated with dendric patterns...

In February I found myself feeling nostalgic for flowers and green growing plants.  I was holed up in a cabin north of Ottawa, and found myself sitting next to a wood stove drawing these flowers from a wildflower field guide.

Troutlily

Trout Lily

Crocus

Crocus

Lupine

Lupine

Snowdrop

Snowdrops

Trillium

Trillium.



No comments:

Post a Comment