Monday, February 21, 2011

Beauty in Destruction

Earlier this month I was walking across a parking lot near a construction zone and found this:

IMG_1382.JPG

I'm not sure exactly what it was, but it definitely wasn't supposed to be in a runoff area. It was also really beautiful.

It was a very cold morning, and the morning sun was melting some snow on the Davis Center on the UVM campus, which was then refreezing into icicles that I unfortunately could not reach to color.

IMG_1383.JPG


This has been a long winter, and as the cold stubbornly refuses to leave (it is in the single digits out there right now), I keep alternating between not wanting it to end, and feeling nostalgic for summer. Oddly, I am somehow not as excited for the Vermont spring, muddy and dark and cold but full of new life and rushing water. I am hoping that as it comes I will be glad to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment